Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sera turns Nine!!

I can't believe she is Nine!  It seems like I just had her.  She is so sweet and thoughtful.  She is very sensitive.  You can always count on her for a hug.  She is the best!!
She has very specific taste in everything. One thing is NO pink.  Since moving into this house she has been BEGGING me to re-do it.  She thought it looked like a baby room.  So, for her birthday I worked for 3 straight days and redecorated the whole room.  I painted it (which she thought was ALL I was going to do), then I spent a day cleaning and organizing it.  On her birthday I decorated the entire thing while she was at school as a suprise.  She had told me Exactly how to do it MANY times.  
This is the result.  She wanted Brown walls, and Aqua(her favorite color), with polka dots(the sheets).  She still wants me to paint polka dots on the wall.   We will see!
She was very surprised.  It was a lot of fun.  I am glad that she liked it and had no idea what I was doing.  
We finished the night at Neilsen's(her choice).  Grandma and Grandpa joined us along with Uncle Chad, Uncle Jason, Uncle Cody, Aunt Ashley, and Rilyn.  Thanks everyone for helping to make it a great day!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the new room! Someday I will get the girls room done. Happy birthday Sera!

Unknown said...

Tell your daughter she has good taste. I love aqua and brown too. Those are my room colors. It turned out so cute. My nine year old daughter wants her room made into a big girl room too. When I get the time.

Jensen Family said...

wow she's 9!! crazy! good job on her room, i'm super impressed you busted that out in 3 days! its SO cute! i could use some of your motivation to get two baby rooms done in my house :/ and neilsons...yummy! good choice sera! happy bday!

sherry said...

mmmmmmm..now I am craving Neilson's! It looks great. It is so fun that part of it was a surprise to her. What a lucky girl! I wish someone would come redo my bedroom for my birthday! It looks like you got her a brand new bed too.

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Her room turned out so cute!! Happy birthday Sera!! We love you so much!! You are such a special little girl. Rilyn just loves spending time with you and your sister and brother.