Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Frankie's First Marathon!!

Frankie Ran the Utah Valley Marathon in June! The Weather was Perfect the race was a killer and the kids were excited to see dad finish. They made a cute sign and after weeks of joking about Frankie pooping his pants while he ran, Sera decorated a diaper for him!
The look on his face in this picture almost says it all!!
He spots us on puts on a happy face! Almost there!!
The kids join him to cross the finish
He did a great job. This was a very hard course with a LOT of hills. They started up the canyon past deer creek reservoir and finished in downtown Provo. He Finished 26.2 miles in 3 hours and 40 minutes. About 10 minutes slower than his goal but I think he did great for his first run!!

Great Job Frankie! It didn't inspire me enough to go out and run a marathon but you do inspire me to do better!

1 comment:

Ashley Breinholt said...

Woot woot!! Way to go Frankie! Now I really have to go do a marathon. Maybe I'll find one in AZ and make him run it with me!