Thursday, October 2, 2008

gardening and canning at Grandma and Papa's

Papa planted a big garden this year.  I got the idea to go and can some of the tomatoes.  So we took the kids up and got to work.  Eric and his kids came over and we all picked vegetables together.
We picked tomatoes, 2 kinds of squash, zucchini, bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, and chili peppers.

This is only half of the vegetables that we picked.
The kids had a lot of fun doing it and were very helpful.  It was a great experience for the entire family.
Later that night my mom, dad and I canned the tomatoes we picked!  Thanks for all of the help and letting me have the tomatoes.  We loved it!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That is a great garden! What fun to can tomatoes. Something I have always wanted to do! Yummy!

sherry said...

Your parents have the greatest garden. I remember the first year we were married and I was just barely pregnant with Rachael we house sat for your parents. I made myself sick on homegrown cucumbers! I couldn't get enough, they were so good. I can't believe they have kept it up all these years. You can't beat fresh produce.

Lisa said...

Ahhhh...I want to be at your parents house right now. To hear the clock chime on the hour and sit around in the kitchen and chat. I love being in Payson soooo many wonderful memories:) I bet the weather was better up there too:)

Kelly said...

How fun to go pick veggie's with your kids! Cute blog! I will add you to mine too! Let me know if you get put on bed rest!