Monday, October 20, 2008

Papa's Pumpkin Patch!


This weekend we were supposed to go to Willcox with my parents and take the kids to a big pumpkin patch and orchard.  We found out that the crops had froze this year so you couldn't pick your own stuff.  My dad came up with an idea to make his garden a pumpkin patch for them  so, off we went to Payson!  When we got there he had placed pumpkins all around the garden for the kids to choose.   They loved picking a pumpkin that Grandpa had "grown"!

Alexa went straight for the biggest pumpkin
  she named it Fat Joe Breinholt

She didn't want anybody to take it 
and tried to move it by herself
(she actually got it pretty far)
Boston and his 
pumpkin
He loved the whole day
Sera calls hers the perfect pumpkin!

After choosing all the pumpkins Frankie and the kids worked together to clean out the garden and get it ready for winter!  The kids had a lot of fun and worked hard.  It was great to see them all working together and having a good time.

We also took the kids on a picnic and fishing.  I didn't have my camera.  They had a great time.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Your dad is such a great grandpa. That is so sweet of him to do that. I'm glad that your kids got to pick their pumpkins and I love Alexa's huge one:)

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Way to go Lexa!! Thats the one I would have picked too!!