Sunday, April 27, 2008

AMERICAN GIRL PLACE, LOS ANGELES

This weekend the girls enjoyed a quick trip to the American Girl Place in L.A.!  Our really good friends, the Farish's, invited us to go with them to celebrate their daughter Sarah's birthday.  We also celebrated Alexa's birthday!  We left on Friday and came back Saturday night.  When we got to CA we went to the beach for about 3 hours.  Then, back to the Hotel for bed.  


The next morning we went to the American Girl Place.  We had tickets to a special presentation with Kristi Yamaguchi.  It was about being an 'All American Girl'.  The girls were excited to meet her and have their picture taken.  Then, we went down to the Doll Hair Salon.  The girls got to pick the hair style for their doll.  Since Alexa's Bitty Baby goes everywhere with her, Bitty Baby even joined in.  They cleaned her skin and put a bow in her hair.  Then we did a little shopping.  They each picked one outfit and a pair of glasses for their dolls.  After that we had our birthday luncheon in the Cafe.  It was so cute in there.  They had happy birthday signs for Sarah F. and Alexa.  They had a special chair for the dolls to sit in.  They also gave the dolls their own tea set.  With lunch all the girls had pink lemonade.  They brought out a beautiful birthday cake and pink peppermint ice cream in flower pots.  VERY CUTE!  Each girl also got a little goodie bag.  They had a lot of fun.  


On a side note, I had to laugh when I went in the bathroom with the girls and saw a special place to hang your baby while you go to the bathroom.  I couldn't find a place to hang my purse, but I could find a place to hang the doll!  


After spending 6 hours there we got back in the car to drive home.  The girls had a great time, and so did I.  They were on their best behavior.  It was a lot of fun to spend that special time with them!  I am so thankful that my friend Laura invited us.  We had an Amazing time!!


at Santa Monica Beach

trying to sleep
all tucked in
ready to go in
Kristi Yamaguchi presentation 
moment of fame
in the bathroom
time to go potty
the hair salon
all pretty
getting tired
time for tea
sharing lemonade
Birthday Cake
Happy Birthday
Mom and her girls
The Gang


7 comments:

niki said...

I am so excited you got to do that! How fun! I can't believe they got to take a pic with Kristi Yamaguchi!Glad it went well.

Danielle said...

How fun! I love the picture of Alexa feeding both her dolls.

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

How fun!! It looks like you guys had a blast. I can't wait for Rilyn to get old enough to do fun things like that! Oh and I love the bathroom hook for dolls instead of purses. Thats great. And I love how that place was decorated. I might have to try that someday on Rilyns bedroom (when she has a room)

Kara said...

That is so much fun, I be they were in heaven. I can't wait until Kambri is a little bit older to start caring about these things. Or maybe I can wait??

Chunky Monkey said...

How stinking cute!They look like they are in HEAVEN!I love it.

Lisa said...

Wow Krista!!! The kids have SO grown since I have seen them last. I am still mad you left me here in Utah, oh well I will just have to come down and visit. My mom gave me your blog so I could see what you guys are up to. My blog is mattandlisab.blogspot. I would love to hear from you! Is that really Boston? He has really changed. I didn't even recognized him. Miss ya!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

WOW! What an awesome place for little girls! You are such a good mom to take them there!