Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back to school party and the first day

The weekend before school starts we always do our traditional back to school party!  Frankie builds a tent in the family room while I take the kids to pick up pizza, root beer float makings and a movie.  This year was just as exciting.  I hope they are this easy to please forever.
Here they are in the tent ready to watch the movie!
This year Sera didn't even try to sleep all night in it.  Alexa fell asleep then went to bed when we did and boston made it until 2 am when he woke up and his sisters had left him.  Poor kid needs someone to stick it out with him.  In a few more years Beck will join in!!

Sera on the first day of 4th Grade
I can't believe she is in 4th grade already.  She has Mrs. Rabara and is very excited about it.  It is to hot for Knee highs so she picked red shoes as her fashion statement.  They are very cute!
Alexa is in 2nd grade this year with Mr. Berg.  She is a social butterfly.  She loves everything about school and everybody in it.  She is also very into fashion.  I am in TROUBLE!  Her outfit was picked and designed 100% by her, including how I had to do the hair.  Good thing she knows what she is doing.

Boston is in ALL DAY kindergarten!  He is loving it.  He has Ms. Steingraber and is so excited about eating lunch at school.  What a stud!
This is Boston in line to go into class.  I went to give him a hug good bye and he said, "I don't know why my eyes keep watering, it must be because it is hot."  (as his lip was quivering) "mom, can I have one more hug, I think I need it!"
He almost made my eyes water, I think it was because it was so HOT!!!

I am sure we will have a great year.  The kids love school and always work so hard.  Now, I get to enjoy my time with just one kid at home, it has been a LONG time!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Very Cute! I love Sera and Alexa's Shoes! Boston and Frankie are little twinners.. I think Beck wil join that club too! :) I hope all is feeling well and your little virus is out the house!

sherry said...

Yep, must have been the heat;) I think they are all stylish. How could they not be?

Wendy said...

Hey Krista
Enjoyed reading the updates! Especially loved the watery eye story. I will have to try that one!

Jensen Family said...

i bet you are enjoying your days with just the baby! how nice! i'm excited for that day to come :) how cute do your kids look in their outfits! and that was the cutest thing boston said to you.. :)

The Johnson Family said...

Everyone looks great! After seeing Sera and her knee highs Hailey had to have them. She already wore them once and she did complain about how hot it was. I don't think it is going to stop her. So tell Sera she has a following, she must be truly fashionable!! hailey would love to come over next week...just let me know.

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Wow it seems like summer went really fast! It sounds like the kids started school the same time Cody did. I can't believe how big they all are!! It must be nice to just have Beckom all day with no other kids to take care of. Man we miss you guys! I love the picture of Beckom with all the accessories! I can't wait for Alexa to have her own fashion line some day!

Kara said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how much they love fashion. And that was so sweet about Boston, I would have had watery eyes too!

troy and melani said...

Hey Krista! Hey its melani spear(now porter!) I saw your blog from amy taylor! wow your kids are soooo cute! what an adorable family you have!! Tell all your family hi for me!!

Laura said...

Kate had Mrs. Rabara. Tell her you know kate. She loved having her. The kids all look so cute. We start in two more weeks. The converse are all the rage here too. Too cute!