Thursday, February 25, 2010

Give a Day, Get a Day....

My Family Participated in Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day Service.  We got to make Bundles of Hope for the Chandler Fire Department.  My kids each picked an age group and we put together a backpack full of items that someone would need if they had just lost everything to fire.  Thanks to my mom for all of her help.  We could not have done it with out her!
The kids were so excited to load up the backpacks.  They places the items very carefully and thoughtfully.  Each one added something that was special to them in their bag.  Then we drove them to the fire department and handed them in.

It was a GREAT experience for our family.  I loved watching my kids do service for others.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I need to sign up for this ASAP!! My mom just did it also, for Camp pedleton. She gave a diaper bag for a a new mom/wife of a marine! It was neat. I need to do this with my kids!

Ashley Breinholt said...

That is really neat. I'll have to see if we have some program like that near us. Rilyn needs to start learning to give to others!