Friday, February 12, 2010

Running, Running, Running

I am not exactly sure how this happened but I am surrounded by runners.  I have never liked to run, never really do it, in fact I am not good at it.  Everyone else in my house has a love and a talent for it.  I guess it is time to join in, I am going to get left behind in this house....

Running Club has started.  This means very happy kids at my house.  The first race was a lot of fun.  Sera was the pro, knowing exactly what to expect, Alexa always has her self assured smile ready to go and Boston was excited and nervous to do his first race.  They did great.

Sera and Alexa both got a 3rd place ribbon in their age group and Boston got 5th.

The second race was also a success.  They race with over 300 kids.  It is CRAZY!!  Sera came in 16th overall for all the girls  winning a 4th place ribbon in her age group (competitive age).  Alexa came in top 40 overall winning a 2nd place in her age and boston came in top 150 for boys winning a 3rd place.
I love that they love to run.  Way to go guys!
And for their Great running example...Dad!  He sets a great example for the kids and I.  We are so proud of him.  
He did the 10k London's run.  He finished in 42 min, and that was while he was sick!  He earned a  3rd place in his age group.  Now we all see where the kids get the talent from.  Way to go Frankie!!
Even this little guy runs circles around me or keeps me running in circles.  Either way I guess it is time to join the runners.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I never thought I could run more than a 1/4 mile without dying but once you start it feels so good! I got up to 4 miles before getting pg. I doubt I will ever do more than 5k races but it feels so good to get out there and run! You should get out and do it! My mom is even doing a marathon this year.

Unknown said...

GO BREINHOLTS, I loved your blog it is great and the pictures are so fun to see. Thanks