Monday, February 25, 2008

SICK!!!

This picture almost speaks for itself. This girl NEVER sleeps. She is the energizer bunny! So, for the past few months I feel like I have been living in a haze of germs and sickness. I will just give a list of medical stuff in our house since the end of October. Boston surgery, Krista Surgery, Alexa Strep throat, Boston Strep throat, Boston croup, Alexa bladder infection, Alexa positive for Mono, Boston Strep Butt( yes, strep virus in your BUTT and that IS what they call it!!)Krista Strep throat, Alexa double ear infection, Boston croup, Alexa ear infection and Strep throat, Sera cold, Boston croup.(i think i even missed a few in there somewhere) And now the latest... Last week Alexa got a fever of 104 and the doctor sent her to the ER thinking it was meningitis. The Er treated us like we were there for the flu. So, 41/2 hours AND 1 IV later we came home. Only to have her continue with a fever of 103 or higher every day!! She is still sick as you can see from the picture. I am SO ready for spring I can't even begin to explain it!! Also, If anybody has a good recommendation for a pediatrician I obviously need one. We haven't had the best luck finding one. I would like someone that will help Alexa get better, not just give me another antibiotic every 15 days and not work on a solution!! I am kind of embarrassed to write this blog. I feel like the freak family that gets everything, even stuff nobody has heard of. I need SPRING!!!

10 comments:

sherry said...

Jeesh! I am not quite ready for the heat, but for your sake I say bring it on. You need a break!

Jensen Family said...

oh my goodness! im so sorry! i hope EVERYONE gets better and over this yucky stuff! I really LOVE my peditrician. Dr. Lorenzen, me and my sisters see her. she is off of val vista and baseline, and soon to be power and pecos also! if you are interested in her let me know and i'll give you the number and stuff! and yep, i still do hair :)

Kara said...

Hi, I love this blogging business. So yeah that does not sound fun. You tell Franklin I am wondering how come he never got sick!!!Kambri had that strep down there, I didn't know what it was at first. I guess its a little different than Boston's:) Yeah I am so ready for spring too, I am sick of the snow. I miss you guys hopefully we will get to see you soon.

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Oh my goodness Krista!! I sure hope things start looking up for you. Hang in there, warmer weather is on the horizon!!

laura said...

Wow! That is crazy! Hope you guys all get better soon. The pediatrician I used when I lived in Gilbert was Dr. Guthrie. I absolutely love him and wish I could still use him:( He is at the Gilbert Pediatrics and all the Docs in that building are great!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Man I think Rilyn might be on the same track as your kids of getting sick all winter long. I swear it has been one cold after the other. I hope that Alexa is feeling better soon! We love Ris peditrician Dr. Solsturd at Mesa Peds. I think they have an office out towards your house and all of their drs are great. We'll see you guys on Sunday!

Danielle said...

I had no idea you had a blog! This will be great to keep in touch. I know the feeling of wanting your kids just to be healthy for once. Ours is never ending too. I will always recommend our ped we used but I don't know if you want to drive that far. Scottsdale Pediatrics up on Shea. I would recommend any of the drs but we saw Kanagal. I wish we could still see her. The dr's are horrible here and only a handful to choose from.

I hope you guys get feeling better!

Doug and Becca said...

Holy Crap...that seems to be worse than when you guys lived here. and you have to deal with it all on your own for the most part. I feel for you. We've dealt with Taylors strep and Ash's double ear infection and my flu but that's about it this winter. I hope you all get better soon and stay that way for a long time!

Jensen Family said...

haha saloon! i still work two nights a week at cosmos. so if you wanted to come in there you could. i work tues and fri nights. but i also do house calls :) and its cheaper... so whatever you guys want to do just let me know! i'd be more than happy to do it!

Jensen Family said...

here you can just email me and i'll send you my number! jennm08@gmail.com :)