Thursday, January 14, 2010

She FINALLY did it!!!!!

A little background to this story first....
Sera got her ears pierced at 5.  So that became the magic number for getting earring in our house.  On Alexa's 5th birthday I asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced.  Her response was...."NO WAY!  Why would I let anybody put holes in my ears that hurt on purpose!"  Since that time we ask occasionally and always get a no way.  She LOVES jewelry.  She has tried clip on's, stickers, anything to add the BLING.  Boston being the little brother, has recently begun teasing her.  He told her he was going to pierce them while she was sleeping.  She insisted she was waiting until 10 because then it wouldn't hurt.  Then on Monday Alexa walked in the door from school and said "If you take me RIGHT NOW I will pierce my ears"  I tried to talk her into waiting until we could go on a date.  No changing her mind.  So after piano off we went.....She pierced her ears!
Waiting
Getting ready for the first ear
Trying hard not to cry
Doing the second ear
Saying "ouch"
All Done!  

She is so happy she did them.  She wanted her birth stone (diamond). Only she wanted the bigger ones.  Smart Girl!

5 comments:

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Yeah Lex!! You and Rilyn have the same earrings!

sherry said...

Kindyl was the same way. After that I decided it was WAY easier to do it when they are babies. It hurts less than shots and you don't have to worry about them getting infected.

Wendy said...

This is Arie
hey alexa wow you got your ears pierced cool! I got my ears pierced when i was 7 too.thats funny.exsept i wasn't scared ha ha.and i wanted mine since i was 3.good job.

Wendy said...

Alexa, this is Megan.
Hello. Good job getting your ears pierced. I'm glad Boston didn't do it for you :)
Hey, I want to do a funny joke for you.
Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide.
Bye

Jensen Family said...

yay alexa!! so cute! (ps. they do it at our drs office and they numb the ears! just an fyi!!)